Sunday, August 14, 2011

Baking Bread

I made some zucchini bread today, and it turned out pretty good!  Just kind of looked up an online recipe, and made the first one that appealed to me.  Here's the link to the recipe I used.

First, you gather up your ingredients:

I got the squash at the Arcata Farmer's Market.

Next, the shredding of the squash and the mixing together of dry ingredients.




The smell of baking sweet zucchini bread filled my little apartment.  It was a wonderful vanilla cinnamon mix, and I happened to be roasting some pecans at the same time (for our house salad, of course).  I have to say that's one of my favorite things about baking... the way the house smells and the kitchen warms up.

Baking.  About 30 minutes in.

The finished product!  The first bite fresh from the oven is soooo good...

So that's the post for the day.  We had a pretty wonderful sausage, sauerkraut, and potato dinner with our house salad.  Simply delicious!  And way cheaper than going out to eat.  A nice Sunday, and a perfect way to finish the weekend!

xoxo
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment