Monday, September 5, 2011

Vacation Eats

So I have just returned home from a relaxing vacation on the Mendocino Coast, and the lovely city of San Francisco.  So many things to see!  I was gone a total of six days, and I could have used another few!  The first leg of the trip was with my family in Sea Ranch.  We had many delicious meals.  The very first one was this:  baked egg with sauteed spinach and a delicious piece of bacon.


When my younger brother Dan showed up, he brought the pasta press mom got him for his most recent birthday.  He had a ravioli recipe that he learned at a cooking school in Italy that included potato, parmesan cheese and pancetta.

Preparing the noodles.
Pressing out the dough.
The freshly made pasta was so tender!  An incredible dish.  Thanks Dan!!

The next leg of the trip was to San Francisco to visit my dear friend Emily!  Many culinary delights awaited me.  The ferry building and Saturday farmer's market are something to behold.  You may remember my first visit to the ferry building a few months ago.


So many types of food!
Farm fresh!
We had scrambled egg, tomato and bacon on a baguette for brunch.  Delicious!
Squat and Gobble was great!  What a name!
Decisions, decisions!
I had a delicious pesto chicken crepe.  Wonderful!

We finished off the evening with a trip to Nubi, a fantastic frozen yogurt place.  I had chocolate and peanut butter with lots of candy bar and other toppings.  So delicious!!  I want more!  It's been hard to think of anything else since!

I heart Nubi!!
All gone!

Oh how I wish I could have just another day of vacation!  Although it might be good to get back to routine... still, I don't know.  I sure loved traveling around and sampling all those good eats!  Till next time I guess!

xoxo
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment