Saturday, June 22, 2013

Brick & Fire Bistro

One of my very favorite restaurants in Eureka is Brick & Fire Bistro.  The food is simply fantastic.

I often start with a salad, like the spinach salad below.  It's a delicious combination of beets, blue cheese and walnuts with a nice balsamic dressing.  You just can't beat that combination of ingredients!




I've had several delicious appetizers as well, including the oysters, and the mushroom cobbler... both so wonderful!  It's hard to decide what to get!  Not to mention, they bring a basket of fresh bread (one of my weaknesses), with flavors like black pepper and a to-die-for focaccia.

The pizzas... oh, the pizzas.

Did I mention I like pizza?

This one is the front of the photo is pesto with brie, red grapes, and prosciutto.  Such a unique combination, and so delicious.  Mom ordered the margherita pizza, which was equally perfect. 




So, that's my dinner heaven.  We go there for special occasions and just a fun Friday night out.

Make reservations though!  The small restaurant is so well loved by the folks here, you may need to plan ahead.  One of the neatest (and warmest) seats in the house is at the bar, where you can watch the smouldering red coals in the oven.  Also very romantic!

Happy dining!  Go support your favorite local restaurant!

xoxo
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment