Thursday, July 14, 2011

Best Gas Station Burrito. Ever.


I've been a customer of various Aztec Grill locations throughout my time in northern California.  I first discovered their fresh Mexican cuisine-on-the-go while camping in Trinidad.  We didn't want to spend much, and wanted to eat something warm and delicious for dinner.  Aztec Grill burritos were our saving grace.

My favorite burrito is the carnitas supreme with black beans.  The pork is savory and tender, and the guacamole, salsa, rice and beans, melty cheese and cool sour cream are fresh as can be.  Not to mention, the supremes are as big as my face.


The one marked "no guacamole" is not mine.  Try as I might, I can't explain Matt's distaste for avacados.  :)

Do you see the beautiful carnitas?  The fresh ingredients?  These burritos make me happy.

After you've experienced one of these delicious creations, you should probably take a look around and see if the Chevron you're in has a F'real milkshake machine.  You choose what type of shake you want (they even have healthier options like fruit smoothies) and stick it in the magical cup.  The magical cup goes into the machine and when it comes back out, it's a heavenly perfect milkshake.  My favorite is usually the chocolate.

I worship you, F'real chocolate milkshake.

So the next time you are on a road trip and you see those bright blue gas station lights, pull on in there and see if you're lucky enough to have found an Aztec Grill and a F'real, because you'll be greeted with some new favorite treats!

xoxo
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment