Monday, July 18, 2011

Home Cookin

The girls, hanging out on the porch

Tonight it was all about home cookin... Matt is the most talented cook I've ever had the pleasure of eating with.  Our meals are heavenly! 

Tonight we started with our "house salad."  Red leaf lettuce, pear (or apples), gorgonzola, balsamic dressing, and toasted pecans.  I love this salad.  I crave it.  I think about it while I'm at work.  What a combo!

We've perfected our salad.

And then... the main course.  I got some nice looking pork chops from the store.  Matt cooked them in this amazing combination of capers, butter, and marsala wine.  Oh my goodness.  Such a rich wonderful flavor.  I am a lucky girl.


I'm a fan of the meat and potato meal.
  The combination of the fresh sweet salad with the savory pork and potatoes was just delicious.  I'm going to be thinking of this meal for a while!  I love my chef!


xoxo
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment