Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Remembering Paris

I went to Paris with my mom a couple of years ago.  It was an amazing trip, and one of the highlights was experiencing their food.  It appears that the French love bread and cheese as much as I do, so I found myself in a culinary heaven.  We had a kitchen in our petite apartment on Rue Dauphine, and we would stop at the market for treats to keep in the cooler. 


Midnight snack.

Brie and bread.

A breakfast of pear, bread, and a delicious creamy vanilla bean yogurt
(sold in terra cotta pots) that I will remember and crave until I can have it again... divine.

Walking around Paris, we saw pastries and confections that would put some of our American bakeries to shame.  Supreme attention to detail. 


The line was out the door for these desserts.

Mom was pretty excited about her chocolate crepe!

My cone has a tomato-raspberry scoop, mom went with classic chocolate.

My favorite meal had to be the dinner we had at Restaurant la Mere Catherine, after our visit to Sacre Cour.  The village up there on the hill was magical, with a beautiful view of the city.  The lights at night were enchanting.


A view of the city from Sacre Cour.

Sacre Cour at night.

Lovely little lights.

The best dinner I had.  It was filled with cheese, zuchini and tomato, baked with
more cheese and maybe some egg.  Simply delicious.

 I am going to have to go back someday.  Not only for the food, but also to experience the art and architecture and culture again.  I loved everything about being there.  Until next time Paris!  Au revoir!



xoxo
Franny



No comments:

Post a Comment