Sunday, July 10, 2011

Loleta Bakery


Matt and I took a really lovely day trip to Loleta today for lunch.  It's a twenty minute drive south of Eureka, surrounded by farmlands.  The sun was out and it was a perfect summer Sunday.

We went to Loleta Bakery, because we've heard they have a pretty darn good lunch.  And they do!  Super cute environment with friendly helpful staff. 




I had the turkey sandwich with swiss cheese and carmalized onions. Very good.  I liked the side salad too.  Matt had the pastrami with cheddar and pickled onions.  Next time, I think it will be a toss up between the farm fresh egg salad, and the fancy ham.  Something about fancy ham just sounds... fancy. 

To finish it off, I took home a snickerdoodle.  It's delicious, and I think I'll be nibbling on that a little bit after I hit "Publish Post."


So we'll definitely go back.  They have bread in some local stores too.  We enjoyed a loaf of the Rustic French the other day with some Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog cheese.  Hooray for bakeries and their delicious food!

xoxo
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment